Best Golf GPS Watch Reviews: Ultimate Guides for 2017
Looking forward to buying the best golf GPS watch, check for the model designed to provide utmost assistance whether playing in home courses or away. Great brands have adopted latest technologies to ensure that golf watches are able to utilize satellite information in real-time and give golfers precise yardage to the back, front, or center of the green. The companies ensure they have preloaded the watches with many golf courses from all over the world and also provide updates for the devices to include newer courses.
Therefore, whether you will be based at the home courses or regularly travelling abroad, Golf Watches are critical companions to understand every aspect of course. To be assured of the best, it is prudent to go through reviews that outline top rated watches and highlights their pros and disadvantages. Here are five top-rated golf GPS watches reviews that will assure you of great results, longer lifespan, and optimum value for money.
Quick Review for Top 5 Best Golf GPS Watch in 2017
Garmin Approach S2 Golf GPS Watch with Worldwide Courses (Black)
Garmin Approach S2 Golf GPS Watch is a stylish timepiece that every golfer should have in his or her wrist. It is classy and very comfortable to wear not just when playing golf but on a daily basis.
- It has a highly sensitive GPS receiver that provide precise yardage when playing golf to the middle of greens, the front, and back. For a newbie, this is critical to make the right shots while experts make the perfect aims to the greens. Even in new courses abroad, be sure of making shots that will earn you maximum points.
- The GPS receiver provides dogleg and layup distances to help a golfer raise usability of entire hole. It is, therefore, easier to make shots on the right side of the dogleg position to assist the player to use the entire hole.
- Once a golfer makes a shot, the watch measures the distances by calculating their precise yardage. Even for those who like walking, the watch has a great odometer for greater precision.
- The Garmin Approach S2 GPS Golf Watch is fully preloaded with over 30,000 golf courses from the entire world. Therefore, whether playing on a course at the home county, great courses in Europe or any other place in the world, the watch will tell where the golfer is and how far to go.
- The watch has a digital scorecard that makes it easy to track personal record for review and improvement. Once through with playing at the course, use the USB cable to connect the watch to a computer, tablet, or laptop and download, store or print personal scorecards. This is a perfect point for review to establish what can be done differently to improve performance.
- The sleek outlook and lightweight design make the watch a good option for everyday wear. Use it as a time piece because of its long life battery and easy to set alarm for daily activities. Besides, the watch comes in different colors to match the personal style and fashion preferences.
- The watch is powered by a powerful lithium battery so that a golfer will never miss any tee time. Once fully charged, you are sure of going for about two rounds without needing a recharge. However, you are advised to recharge the battery fully after every round. If using it for other functions such as fitness training, make sure to recharge it before starting the tournament.
- The watch is relatively large, and some people find this a little uncomfortable. The 3.6 x 2.7 x5.5 inches is relatively large for people who are used to very sleek designs. However, this size also gives the watch ample size for greater resolution and other utilities.
Expresso WR-67 Golf GPS Watch – Black
Expresso WR-67 Golf GPS Watch is the ultimate golfer’s timepiece because of its diverse utilities and precision. From design to functionalities, this timepiece guarantees every golfer high precision, timely updates with no subscription, and high value for money.
- The watch comes with long life a lithium battery. With the GPS tracking on, the battery can go for over 15 hours. It can even last longer when GPS is off. This is ideal for two about rounds. Remember to charge it after every round or when the battery runs low for better functionalities.
- It has a tee time feature that makes it easy to follow yardages in different golf courses. Whether playing at the favorite golf course near home or on a holiday resort course, the watch will automatically detect and provide the right yardage to the front, back, and middle of the greens.
- Espresso WR-67 GPS Golf Watch provides for free updates on thousands of different golf courses for a wider coverage. One will therefore not have to worry that the next tournament will be held on a new course, simply update the watch.
- The watch is simple and easy to use by the golfer. The sleek and light weight shape makes the time piece enjoyable to use on a daily basis. When not on the golf course, the watch can be used for common purposes such as alarm, timing, and GPS tracking.
- High resolution displays for easy to access details on the course. Whether the weather is bright, misty, cloudy, or sunny, all the readings will be fully accessible. Besides, it also contributes to the stylish outlook of the watch whether worn in a golf course during tournaments or in common events.
- The watch shows with utmost precision, all the hazard areas in the golf course. This is critical because you will know the right posture and angle to take the shot in order to avoid the hazards and reach the front, back, or middle of the greens. Whether one is a newbie or a pro, this feature helps in determining the ultimate results.
- While most of the features of this watch are no doubt great, it lacks the digital scorecard that golfers can download to review personal performances. This makes it only great for real time use and players have to adopt different methods of assessing their performances.
Bushnell Neo Xs Golf GPS Watch
This watch from Bushnell is considered by many as the ultimate device for a golfer with eyes focused on advancing far in the sporting career. From its strong satellite signal with a very wide coverage globally to functionalities with high precision, every golfer finds it irresistible.
- The watch has a very wide coverage of golf courses that players are sure of having access to. With over 33,000 preloaded golf courses in over 30 countries globally, you are assured of understanding that course within minutes. Therefore, one can anticipate great performance even when playing in a new course in Europe, Asia, The Caribbean, America, or even home.
- The watch is very simple to use. Its auto-course recognition makes the watch provide every detail of the playing field without having to touch a button. Besides this, the watch comes with standard utilities such the common timer, alarm, dates, and timer.
- To guarantee golfers higher value for their money, the watch is sturdily built with state of the art technology. As a sports model, the watch is light, comfortable, and water proof to protect ifs features even when the weather becomes wet. Because of this, golfers are given a long warranty of up to 1 year.
- In the golf course, the watch features an easy to read front, center, and rear yardages for the golfer to make the best shots. Besides, it also shows up to 4 hazards per hole for directional shots and precision. This has made the watch a crucial companion for every golfer in the course.
- The lithium battery has a very long life to assure the golfer of full support in the course. When every feature especially the GPS tracking has been loaded, you are sure of being powered for three rounds. However, if using it on watch mode, the battery life is two years. Remember that the watch is easy to charge after every round using USB cables and an adapter or directly on the laptop.
- When in odometer mode, the watch helps the golfer to articulately track speed, travelled distance, and even activity time. The odometer feature has also proven very effective in athletics, fitness training, and even racing.
- Though this watch is a great piece, the size is still considered problematic by some. People who are increasingly seeking sleeker models are likely to get some disappointment when using this model.
Golf Buddy Voice GPS
GolfBuddy is in a class of its own because of its outstanding functionalities, ease of use, and quality. While it lacks the standard watch features, every Golfer who tries this cannot let it go.
- The GolfBuddy VOICE GPS is designed with special technology that narrows the entire golf course in the size of a matchbox. Therefore, one does no simply get distances from one point to the next; it also provides complete. This makes a player familiarize with the new course faster and raising chances of better results.
- The device is pre-loaded with over 40,000 golf courses and also features free updates to include any addition for golfers’ convenience. Whether you want to enjoy a game with friends on holiday in a hotel golf course or competitive tournaments, the device will give you all the details you need to make the right choices, clean, shots, and win against competitors.
- Its user interface is enthralling. The screen has a high resolution LCD screen that will display every detail be it in a very sunny, misty or even rainy competition time. Besides, it its audio feature tells the player every detail about the course of better decision when playing against opponents.
- GolfBuddy Voice GPS calculates and communicates to the golfer yardages to the Front, center, and back of the green as well as short distance measurements. Therefore, whether one is a new player or has been in every golf course for long, every shot will no doubt add very many points.
- It uses a rechargeable lithium battery with a very long life. Once fully recharged, the battery can last for three rounds. Besides, it is easily rechargeable after every round using the charger kit or connecting it to a computer or laptop using a USB cable.
- Unlike other watches that can only be worn on the wrist, the GolfBuddy can be pinned anywhere. Utilizing its voice recognition feature, one can easily get the pin yardage, hazard distance or other details by fitting the device on the hat, short collar, belt, or another place. You can even forget that it is there and only follow the lovely female voice informing you about the distance.
- The main con with this device auto tee recognition. Though this is an advantage in one way because one can play the entire round without touching the device, it is a con because if you slice near another tee, the golf buddy changes holes. This can be a great inconvenience and needs you to remain apt not to stray to other tees.
Garmin Approach S1 Golf GPS Watch
The Approach S1 Golf GPS Watch is a model designed by Garmin to deliver high sensitivity, style, and quality. Golfers who use this watch are sure of getting precise satellite amazed distances on the course for clean shots and maximum points.
- The watch locks in Yardages and measures all distances that a golfer requires to make the best shots. It provides yardages to the course’s front, back, and middle of the green. The watch will provide precise yardage for golfers shots hit from any section of the course. For Golfers who enjoy walking through the course, an auto odometer will tell with great precision the distance that one has traveled.
- Approach S1 is a ready to play model with thousands of pre-loaded golf courses in Puerto Rico and the United States. If you want to play in other courses, Garmin provides subscription free updates. Whether you are playing the picturesque courses of Miami or Washington, this time piece is the ultimate model for you.
- This watch is an everyday use type with standard applications of timer, stop watch and alarm. For those who fancy fitness training and racing, the watch will be an equally great companion to track time, distance, and even seed. Remember that its waterproof qualities make it ideal to use even in misty session. It will also not get damaged when you play in wet conditions.
- Unlike other watches, the Approach S1 is designed with light materials, 1.6 ounces, to ensure that it does not add a lot of weight on the player’s hand. Besides, it is lovely and stylish to wear on a daily basis whether going to work, partying, or even out with peers.
- To make the Approach S1 more useful to golfers, it features a long life lithium battery that can last for two rounds without needing a recharge. Besides, it is easy to recharge using the charging kit or plugging the USB cable into a computer or tablet.
- For people who travel regularly or need to play in courses away from home, the Approach S1 updates automatically to the local time. This is important for keeping time for the game and appointments.
- The design of the watch targets giving the user a timeless piece that can last for a very long time. Garmin used special technology in the Approach S1 to ensure that interior circuits are fully protected by a waterproof case and will continue working for many years without requiring repairs. It is resistant to minor vibrations common to your hands when driving or even working in machines. However, make sure to take good care of it for optimal performance.
- The main disadvantage of this watch is that it is available in only one color; black. People who prefer bright colors might, therefore, find the watch less appropriate for not matching with their style.
Consider For What Is The Best Golf GPS Watch
The best golf GPS watch should be able to provide as much information as possible to the user and make winning easy. Here are the points that will guide you when selecting the best watches for a successful golf career.
Easy to use
The watch should be easy to use by featuring high resolution screen for all weather reading. This will make it easy to read the yardage, hazards and other measurements by just glancing on the watch screen.
Because the device is powered by a battery, you do not want a timepiece that dies in the middle of a tournament. Therefore, make sure the battery is rechargeable, preferably lithium model, and can last for a number of rounds powering all the functions.
Water proof qualities
Once tournaments timetable has been set, the weather can change and get very wet. The best watch should, therefore, be water proof to protect the watch itself and guarantee the golfer precise information in all weather.
Pre-loaded with more Golf Courses globally
Check out for a watch that is pre-loaded with as many golf courses as possible. Besides, the watch should be able to update on new courses without prompting subscription. Make sure to confirm this before making payment.
Stylish and classy
To many golfers, the watch is part of them and they want to wear it all through. They use it when going to work, cocktails, or even out with peers. Therefore, the watch should be stylish and compliment their sense of class.
Look for a watch that has a digital scorecard
This is a preview of the entire round that helps to demonstrate where one performed better or worse. Ultimately, this can be used to change the style of playing for better results.
Locks in Yardages and measures all distances a golfer needs
A good watch should be very precise in providing yardages to the hazard, back, front and center to the green. It should also feature a highly effective odometer for people who like walking on the course.
Auto golf-course recognition
Whether you are on holiday in Queensland, Florida or Puerto Rico and want to play golf, the best watch should have automatic course recognition. This will ensure that all dimensions, distances and every feature of the course are loaded automatically for your use. You will not be at risk of using different course settings because you forgot to reset the watch.
Comes with standard watch utilities
To avoid buying lots of watches for different purposes and storing them at home, it is advisable to check for the Golf GPS watch that is loaded with standard utilities. For example, you should be able to use the same watch for regular fitness training, racing practices, and common timing at work.
Where possible, check out for watches fitted with audio assistance
This makes it easy to get voice notifications because at times and eliminate the risk of forgetting to take a glance at the device on the wrist.
The watch should be sturdily built to withstand vibrations, wetness, and low temperatures. This gives you the assurance of longer service and high value for money.
The best golf GPS watch should be a timeless piece that makes golfing experience, simpler and more enthralling. The watch should make it easy to understand the layout of a golf course, know with precision yardage to the front, back and center of the green for better shots. Besides, the watches should be easy to use, comfortable to wear, and enabled with after play scorecards for further personal assessments. Whether one is a new golfing enthusiast or an experienced professional, getting the right watch is the most crucial platform for assurance of better results.
Find Us By Searching Terms:
- golf gps watch reviews 2017
- best golf gps watch 2017
- top best gps golf watch 2017
- Best Golf Watch GPS 2017
- golf gps reviews 2017
- golf watch reviews
- best golf gps watches 2017
- top best golf watch
- best golf watch 2017
- top rated golf gps watches 2017