Callaway Golf Diablo Octane Rangefinder by Nikon Review
In the sporting field, every extra second that you practice, every single tip you get and every single gadget that you buy related to the sport gives you and advantage on your competition. Simply put, to be at the top, you need to exhaust every little ounce of resource that you can get and the same case applies to golfing. Regardless of how much work you put in. without the proper equipment, you are only setting yourself for a heart throbbing failure. One of the gadgets that can come in handy is the rangefinder and the better the more helpful it is. Here is a review of the Callaway from Nikon that could be the ideal pick for you.
The Callaway could be a great addition to any golfer’s arsenal of gadgets owing to the diverse array of features that it has to offer.
Waterproof and fogproof, the lightweight and compact Octane is durable and clips on to your golf bag for ease of use (Source: Amazon.com)
Among the most notable features that the Callaway rangefinder has to offer include the capability to measure different distances to targets in succession for up to 8 seconds and even better is the fact that this is done at the press of only one button. It allows you to get the different distances to different target in a bid to help you better strategize on where to attack first.
It also feature the superior Nikon optics that have crisp and clearer images allowing for better visuals and easier targeting. And It is also worth nothing the LCD display and a 6×monocular distance. That is more than you will need on the field but as usual, it is always better to have more than less.
If you find it a challenging to deal with the consecutive range finding, the Callaway has a solution within its engineering. It features a one of a kind first target priority technology that helps to target the pin, bunker or other closer objects with ease even when you have great obstruction in the ground with even the trees.
The focusing diopter also has another trend setting feature which throws it into action by simply twisting the eye piece. It cannot get any simpler and convenient than that.
The wide array of features do not end with the product itself but are also extended to some of the accompanying accessories as well. It comes with a turbostratic case that has a walker clip design that attaches itself to the side of the bag for easier use and also makes the bag an ideal all round use.
The Diablo Octane features superior Nikon optics, 6x magnification, a focusing diopter, and an internal display (Source: Amazon.com).
Other features that might catch your attention include the simple one-touch measurements, the water proof and fog proof case that is sealed with nitrogen gas for better and more comprehensive safety and the long eye relief that has a rubber eye cup that folds making it much easier for those that wear glasses to use the rangefinder without having to take their glasses off.
Also worth mentioning is that aside from the aesthetic and pleasant design, it is also very light and compact and also comes with a battery ready to use.
- Considering the number of cutting edge features that the Callaway Golf Diablo Octane Rangefinder has to offer, it is only fair that these are crowned by a variety of benefits that would make this rangefinder the envy of every player.
- The first has to be the fact that thanks to the folding eye rubber cup, players that have glasses do not have to take them off as usually, taking them off gives them a huge disadvantage since this can impair their vision depending on the reason as to why they are wearing the glasses.
- The sleek and utterly elegant design is also a plus and more so considering that it is light weight and compact hence you do not have to worry about carrying around something that is weighty or something that you would rather tuck away in your bag.
- The fact it is water and fog proof allows you to use without regard to the weather. Whether it rains or shines, you will still be able to take your shot with the best possible strategy and fully aware of the distance that you should cover. It gives you the ultimate advantage.
- It comes with a high quality and long lasting battery that is capable of lasting up to three months even with intense use. You never have to worry about running out of power in the middle of your game.
- There are a couple of downsides as well and as much as this might be a great purchase, it is always a good idea to make sure that you are aware of the consequences that you have to live with as well.
- One of the more concerning downsides is the type of battery that the rangefinder use which is the 3V lithium battery. Even though this is able to last for longer periods of time, it is quite expensive to replace not to mention the fact that this is not a very easy battery to find. However, for the value that the rangefinder offers, it might be worth the trouble when time comes to replace the battery.
- Even though the case is sleek and helps to protect the rangefinder, it has fallen short in protecting the most sensitive part which is the lens.
- The Callaway Diablo Rangefinder would have better durability and longevity if the cover covered the lenses or had a flip cover that would protect them when they are not in use.
- The price is a bit steep especially for those that are working on a tight budget, amateur golfers or beginners.
Even though with a couple of downsides, there is nothing that limits the Callaway Diablo Rangefinder. Even though the battery and the cover might fall shot, it is still able to swing in to full action every time it is needed. It is quite the bargain for those serious golfers that are looking for a gadget that can be able to deliver in the unpredictable weather and give them the much needed edge when it is needed. It is the perfect sidekick and accomplice for a success hungry golfer.